Travel is exciting. Exciting as its combined with fun, freedom and that yearning for exploring the unknown. On the other handing depending on what kind of travel you like to do, most people want to do some research before they leave home. Its always good to be a little prepared for the destination to make sure you have the best trip possible.
So where do you go to find the best travel tips online?
Well I am here to say “Don’t leave home without searching Pinterest for the BEST Travel Tips.”
Travel is a trillion dollar industry. I mean its HUGE! Hence read the following Statistical Quote:
Statistics and facts on the global tourism industry
The travel and tourism industry is one of the world’s largest industries with a global economic contribution (direct, indirect and induced) of almost seven trillion U.S. dollars in 2013. The direct economic impact of the industry, including accommodation, transportation, entertainment and attractions, was approximately 2.2 trillion U.S. dollars that year. A number of countries, such as France and the United States, are consistently popular tourism destinations.
Why use Pinterest for Travel Advice?
People use Pinterest for planning and recording dream travel destination from. Due to its popularity it makes sense that Travel has its own Category on Pinterest to attract millions of intrepid travelers. I mean, who doesn’t love to travel, right? Most people have the aspiration to explore somewhere new either domestically or overseas and culturally different. So Pinterest is the ideal platform not just to share your favorite photos but to give advice to fellow travelers of where to go and what to avoid. Using the Pinterest search features you can explore a world of advice, tips and recommendations before you leave home.
Here are just a snapshot of the Boards people have created for Travel on Pinterest:
- Destination types
- Site Seeing
- Tips to pack
- Travelling with Kids
- By Occasion – Honeymoon, Baby-moon, Solo Traveller, Gap Year, Grey Nomads, Family Holiday and Backpacking
- Plane, Cruising, Hiking, Camping, Biking, Train or Car
- Language and Cultural Tips
- Logistics from Visa’s and Passports
- Travel Technology
Tips for Businesses in the Travel Industry
So what about if you are a Business working in the Travel Industry? How would you use Pinterest. If you have a business in this industry you have an opportunity to improve you business and the customer experience by curating a Pinterest account at the pulse of current Travel trends. If you need more help to brainstorm at least 20 Boards here are some more Pinterest Travel Profiles to explore.
Check out these Top 10 Travel Pinterest Profiles to inspire you.
- Trip Advisor: Helping travelers plan and book the perfect trip. Happy travels – and pinning!
- BedandBreakfast.com: Everything for people who love travel, B&Bs, boutique hotels, & unique accommodations! Sharing delicious recipes, beautiful decor, and other great tips.
- Ordinary Traveler : I’m a professional photographer traveling the world & sharing the view through my lens. Visit for adventure, photography, and travel tips!
100 places to visit before you die…Our quest is to provide you with our top 100 places to visit in the world before you die.
- AirBNB: We’re sharing home ideas and wanderlust inspiration that you can only discover through Airbnb.
- Budget Travel: We believe travel is accessible to all, on any budget. From our magazine to our website, we inspire travelers with photos, tips, and deals to start the journey.
- Amateur Traveler: Host of the Amateur Traveler podcast/blog
- Travel Channel: Host of the Amateur Traveler podcast/blog
MyMyrtleBeach: The Official Pinterest Page for Myrtle Beach, SC. Explore our boards,delight in stunning beach beauty,and see all the fun things to do in the Myrtle Beach area!
Jetpac City Guides: Jetpac City Guides app for iPhone shows you the bars where women go, the best views, or where the hipsters are, in over 6,000 cities all over the world!
- and one more….
Patagonia: Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis
Pinterest Tips for Travelers
If you are planning a new trip, I recommend starting a Board by Location First. Then you can get excited by all the things you want to see, eat and experience. Then go crazy as one idea expands into another travel idea.
Alternatively, if you have recently traveled – set up a board with your recommendations. Even better if you have written reviews on your own personal blog or on a Review site like Trip Adviser – help the community of Pinterest travels read your reviews of the what was dreamy and what didn’t go quite right.
So ready, set, go! Comment below with what your Favourite Travel Pinterest Boards are and why!
This post has been inspired as part of an entry to the Virgin Australia competition with ProBlogger. The goal is to share your best-kept travel tips.